Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery MBBS in Army College of Medical Sciences, ACMS, Delhi
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non- Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.
Candidate should be of 17 (Seventeen) years.
c. Essential Qualifications
Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Sciences (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognized University/Board of any Indian State with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional).
d. Minimum Aggregate
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
e. Eligibility For Admission To ACMS
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their
1. eligibility for admission to ACMS at the time of Counseling/Admission:
The applicants must fall into any one of the following categories
· Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
· Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, Release/Impalement Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
· Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released after ten years of service.
2. Adopted/Step children and children of Remarried Widows
· Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
· Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is other wise eligible.
3. Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
· Children of only those Army Medical Corps/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force are eligible who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
· Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-servicemen as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, letter No 9(52)/88/D(Res) dt 19 Jul 89.
· Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
· Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & completed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
· Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
· Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Note: Children of Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Rifles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS.