Eligibility and Selection Procedure for BE in City Engineering College (CEC)
1. To be eligible for admission to the first year of the course the students shall have passed the two year Pre-University examination (Science) conducted by the Karnataka State Pre-University Board.
Pass in all subjects of Final examination of the 10+2 years course of the central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) with Physics, Chemistry & mathematics as optional subjects and English as a subject of study,
Any other examinations recognised by the University as equivalent thereto. AND
2. The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 35% of marks in the aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of second year Pre-University Examination, or in the public examination at the end of 12 years of equivalent course.
3. (a) Holders of three years Diploma awarded by the Board of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka, or any other diploma qualification considered equivalent thereto having a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination of 3 years of Diploma Exams.
(b) Holder of the three years Diploma granted/ awarded by the Board of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka, or of any other Diploma qualification considered equivalent thereto is eligible only through CET allotment for admission to III Semester/ II Year of BE/ BTech, in appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology. Such a candidate shall have to clear prescribed bridge course. The minimum qualifying marks for admission will be 50% in final examination of the 3 year Diploma course.
4. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Group I shall be considered eligible for admission if they have passed the qualifying examinations obtaining not less than 35% of marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
5. Those candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than the PUC II examination of the Pre-University Education Baord of Karanataka, or Engineering Diploma Examinations of the Board of Technical education of Karnataka, have to obtain eligibility certificate for seeking admission to BE/ BTech degree course from Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, or from the Principal of concerned Engineering college of Karnataka State.