Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Graduate Marine Engineers GME in The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, GEIMS
Graduation in BE (Mechanical) Engineering / Naval Architecture with minimum marks of 50% in final year
Minimum 50% marks in English subject at 10th or 12th or in Degree Exam conducted by a recognized board or University
Age Limit: 24 years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Admission Fees . . . . . . . Rs.10,000
Training Fees . . . . . . . . . Rs.3,40,000
(Includes lodging & boarding)
· Physical Standards: Candidates should be healthy and physically fit for sea service as per STCW 95/MS Medical rules 2000 as applicable to seafarers. Candidates will have to undergo a full medical check up as per the practising Doctor approved by D.G.S hipping.
· Eyesight: +/- 2.5 permitted. Normal colour vision. Candidates will have to undergo a full eyesight test by a Company Medical Officer.
· Eligible candidates will be called for written test, medical test, interview and final selection
· Medical and Interview will take place at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, New Delhi
· Merchant Marine Personality Evaluation (MMPE) test: Shortlisted Candidates must compulsorily undergo a psychological screening test known as ‘Merchant Marine Personality Evaluation (MMPE) Test’ introduced by the D G Shipping.