IIT Madras HSEE 2017, Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam 2017
||16 Apr 2017
||27 Jan 2017
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE 2017) is conducted by IIT, Madras for taking admission to integrated M.A in Development Studies and integrated M.A in English studies programs for the session 2017. HSEE will be held on Sunday, April 16, 2017. The program has been designed to expose students to many ideas and perspectives. The students choose their streams after experiencing the competing fields and subjects during the first two years. Specialization begins in the third year.The program has a total of 46 seats; each stream will have 23 seats.
Candidates applying for HSEE-2017 must have passed for the first time in 2016 or should be appearing in 2017 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE):
· The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
· Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
· Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
· Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
· Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· H.S.C. vocational examination.
|How To Apply:
Application Procedure for HSEE 2017:
· Candidates can apply online from Saturday, December 17, 2016.
· Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable is through net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ Indian bank challan that will be generated during the process of application.
· The examination fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs.1100/-.
· The examination fee for all other categories is Rs. 2200/-. Additionally, the service charges of the bank will be Rs.30/-.
Paper Pattern for HSEE 2017:
· HSEE-2017 examination is of three hours duration and has two parts.
· Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration (150 minutes), administered through computer.
· Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of part I.
· Part I covers the following topics: English and Comprehension Skill; Analytical and Quantitative Ability; General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economics (since Independence), Indian Society, Contemporary World Affairs (post-World War II); and (iv) Environment and Ecology.
· Part II requires the candidate to write an essay on general topic involving deion, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
Start date of online application process: Saturday, December 17, 2016.
Payment of examination fee through Indian bank challan/net banking/ credit card/ debit card: Saturday, December 17, 2016.
End date of payment of examination fee: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Last date for submission of online application: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Last date for submission of hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category: Friday, January 27, 2017.
Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE website from: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 to Saturday, April 15, 2017.
Date of HSEE: Sunday, April 16, 2017.
Date of declaration of result: Tuesday, May 09, 2017.
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
ADMISSION ALERTS, ENTRANCE
EXAM ALERTS, VTUEEE 2017, XLRI RAPT 2017, AIIMS PG DOCTORAL 2017, CBSE UGC NET 2017, NCAT 2017, NSTSE 2017, X-GMAT 2017, OPENMAT-XLI 2017, NMAT 2017, IIFT MBA (IB) 2017, JAM 2017, GATE 2017, LSAT 2017, KIITEE 2017, LPUNEST MBA 2017, AIMA UGAT 2017, NID DAT 2017, GSIB ENTRANCE TEST GET 2017, MITID-DAT-2017, XAT 2017, AEEE 2017, TISS RAT 2017, NEET MDS 2017, NMET 2017, IIAST 2017, KMAT 2017, TISS BAT 2017, TISSNET 2017, GPAT 2017, UPTET 2017, JEST 2017, UPSC CDS (I) 2017, X-GMAT 2017, LPUNEST 2017, AICTE CMAT 2017, JEE MAIN 2017, JEE ADVANCED 2017, UPESEAT 2017, ULSAT 2017, NIFT Test 2017, AILET 2017, DNB CET SS 2017, NCHM JEE 2017, AFCAT 2017, X-GMAT 2017, IGNOU OPENMAT XLI 2017, VITEEE 2017, V-SAT 2017, GITAM GAT 2017, UPES MET 2017, SRMJEEE 2017, AIMA MAT FEBRUARY 2017, AIIMS (MBBS) 2017, IMU CET 2017, UID APTITUDE TEST 2017, IIT HSEE 2017, CLAT 2017, NEST 2017, BITSAT 2017, SAAT 2017, ITSAT 2017, MCAER-CET 2017, KERALA SET 2017, BEEE 2017, SLIET SET 2017, PAF ENTRANCE EXAM 2017, SEAT 2017, WBJEE 2017, IDAT 2017, TRIPURA JEE 2017, SOFT CET 2017, PUNE, PU MET 2017, NDA ENTRANCE 2017, MAHARASHTRA CET 2017, AILET 2017, BMAT 2017, HITSEEE 2017, AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE 2017, TANCET 2017, UPSEE 2017, NATA 2017, ODISHA JEE 2017, NMIMS NPAT 2017, SIU SET 2017, KEAM (KERALA) 2017, NIMCET 2017, BHU PET 2017, IPU CET 2017, UPSC CSP 2017, JIPMER MBBS 2017, AP EAMCET 2017, COMEDK UGET 2017, CBSE NEET UG 2017, HPNLET 2017, DEET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, KEE
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, JNU
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
CAT 2016, CAT
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, MHT
CET 2016, DAVV CET 2016,
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, AIMA RMAT 2016,
UG 2016, BHU
PET 2016, TNSET
DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT
STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI