MHT-CET-2012- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (Medical) (2012)
||17 May 2007
||10 Apr 2007
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA
DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH
CET CELL, Opp. Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building,
St.George's Hospital Campus, Mumbai - 400 001.
Tel.No.- 022-22620361-65 (Ext. 317/323)
MHT-CET-2007 Entrance Examination for admission to all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy Degree Courses for the academic year 2007-2008 was to be held on Sunday 20th May, 2007. However on the said date UPSC examination has been declared by the Govt. of India. Therefore MHT-CET-2007 will be held on Thursday, 17th May, 2007 instead of 20th May, 2007. All concerned are requested to note the change of date of entrance examination. Detailed programme regarding issue of application forms and information brochures will be announced later.
(Dr. Arunkumar Vyas)
Directorate of Medical Education & Research,
The entrance examination for the selection to all Health Science Courses, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses in the State of Maharashtra for the academic year 2007-08 shall be conducted by the Competent Authority appointed by Government of Maharashtra. The Selection Process shall however be separate for degree courses in Health Science, Engineering and Pharmacy. The seats in Health Science Courses are at all Government/Municipal Corporation and Government aided Health Science institutions. The respective Competent Authorities shall devise the system of Counseling and Selection. This procedure shall be governed by the regulations and directions specified by the Govt. of Maharashtra from time to time. The merit list of MHT-CET-2007 will be utilized for the selection in Veterinary Colleges in Maharashtra. The Registrar, Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Science University (MAFSU), Nagpur, who is the Competent Authority for selection to Veterinary colleges, will notify the details of selection process separately. (Annexure “J”).
Date of Examination: The examination will be conducted at various centres in Maharashtra on Thursday, 17th May 2007.
Schedule & Test Design: The MHT-CET-2007 will consist of three question papers. Each paper is of 100 marks.
Paper I: - Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
Paper II: - Biology (Botany & Zoology - 50 marks each)
Paper III: - Mathematics(100 Marks)
There is no choice among the questions, i.e. all questions have to be answered. The candidate desirous of selection to Health Science courses and BVSc & AH should appear for Paper I & Paper II. The candidate desirous of selection to Engineering degree courses should appear for Paper I and Paper III and the candidate desirous of selection to Pharmacy degree course should appear for Paper I & Paper-II and/or Paper-III. Those Candidates appearing only for Paper I and Paper II will be provided with one single OMR answer sheet for both papers, those appearing only for Paper I and Paper III will be given separate OMR answer sheets with each question paper and those candidates appearing for all the three papers will be given one single OMR answer sheet for Paper I & Paper II and a separate OMR answer sheet for Paper III. At the end of paper/session student will handover the OMR Answer sheet and Question booklet to
The candidate will be required to mark the correct answer by blackening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question in the answer sheet with black ink ballpoint pen only. Out of four circles provided for selection of an answer against a question, the candidate should fill up one circle only. Each correct answer will be given mark/s. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
CHANGING AN ANSWER IS NOT ALLOWED: The candidates must fully satisfy themselves about the accuracy of the answer before darkening the appropriate circle, as no change in the Answer once marked is allowed. The answer once marked is final, any change in the option once marked, done by any method, will amount to a invalid/incorrect response. Scratching, overwriting, tick mark and multiple answers will be considered as wrong answers and no marks will be allotted to them.
Syllabus of Examination: Syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics for the MHT-CET-2007 will be the same as for the current year for HSC Examination of HSC Boards of Maharashtra.
Time & duration of Examination: There will be three papers of one and half hours each.
Language of Question Paper: The medium for examination shall be English or Marathi or Urdu, for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, Mathematics paper shall be in English only. The option once exercised about the medium by the candidate shall be irrevocable.
Examination Centre: The MHT-CET-2007 will be conducted at all the district headquarters of the State of Maharashtra. The MHT-CET examination center will be within the same district from where the candidate has passed / is appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination. For the eligible candidates passing qualifying examination from outside the state of Maharashtra, the Competent Authority shall allot the examination center. The centre of examination for candidates who have passed their HSC (12th Std) or equivalent examination from an institution situated outside the state of Maharashtra (Candidates eligible under Rule 4.10 and Rule 4.11 of this Brochure and Type B, Type C, Type D and Type F of Engineering and Pharmacy Brochures) shall be the district/headquarter of the Divisional Authority where he/she has submitted MHT-CET 2007 Application Form. The center once allotted by the Competent Authority shall not be changed under any circumstances.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO HEALTH SCIENCE DEGREE COURSES
The candidate must be an Indian National (Exception: Annexure “J”).
· The candidate must be born on or before 1st January 1991 to be eligible to appear for MHTCET- 2007. The Secondary School Certificate i.e. SSC or equivalent examination certificate/ the certificate of age and nationality or valid Passport endorsing the date of birth will constitute a valid proof.
· The candidate must be medically fit and must submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of Preference form filling as per proforma (Annexure-I).
· The candidate must have passed the SSC or equivalent examination from an Institution situated in the state of Maharashtra.
· The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC/12th Standard) or equivalent examination, from an Institution situated in the State of Maharashtra with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) at the time of admission.
Eligibility criteria of Qualifying Examination for various courses
· For MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS: A candidate belonging to Open Category must have obtained not less than 50% (i.e. 150 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 40% (i.e. 120 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination.
· For BHMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP and BP&O: Clause 220.127.116.11 is not applicable for these courses. Passing grade at HSC/12th Standard or equivalent examination is however necessary. For admission to BP&O and BASLP, students who have passed 12th standard examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and / or Mathematics are eligible.
· For BSc. Nursing - A candidate belonging to Open category must have obtained not less than 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 35% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC(or equivalent) Exam.
· The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination i.e. HSC (or equivalent exam.) in February/March 2007 are eligible to appear for MHT-CET-2007, however they must fulfill the eligibility condition at Para 4.5 and 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 at the time of filling up of the Preference Form.
· For Hilly Area seat claim - Refer to conditions/criteria under Annexure-F.
· At present 15% seats in each Government and Municipal Corporation Medical and Dental College are contributed to All India Quota (AIEE). Fifteen (15) seats in Govt. Medical Health Science Colleges, Three (3) seats in Govt. Dental Colleges and Five (5) seats in Govt. Ayurved Colleges are filled by the Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Government of India, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi as Govt. of India Nominees.
· CET-Marks Eligibility For Admission to MBBS & BDS Courses: A candidate belonging to open category must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together at Common Entrance Test i.e. MHT-CET-2007. A candidate belonging to backward class must secure not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together in the MHT-CET-2007.
· CET Marks for Admission to BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/BPTh/BOTh/BASLP/BP&O and B.Sc. Nursing. A candidate will be selected on the basis of merit in Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET-2007) to these courses.
· Exception for SSC (10th Std or equivalent examination):- Candidate who has passed SSC or equivalent examination from an institute situated outside Maharashtra State and HSC or equivalent examination from within Maharashtra is eligible for seeking admission to the courses in Health Science provided that he/she is domicile of Maharashtra.
· Exception for SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) or equivalent examinations:- Children of employees of the Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking posted on deputation or transfer to a place outside the State of Maharashtra, or transferred from outside to a place situated within the State of Maharashtra:-
(1) The children of such employees of Government of Maharashtra or its undertaking who have joined service since beginning at a place situated outside the State of Maharashtra but who have been transferred to a place situated within the State of Maharashtra shall be eligible for admission even though such children might have passed the S.S.C.(Std. X) and/or H.S.C. (Std.XII) or equivalent exam from the recognized Institutions situated outside the State of Maharashtra, provided that such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking must have been posted/ transferred/ deputed at a place of work located in the State of Maharashtra and also must have reported-for-duty i.e. joined the duty before the last date of submission of Preference Form.
(2) The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category at (1) shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking has reported for duty as a proof that such employee has joined the office and/or reported for duty before the cut off date for eligibility i.e. the last date of submission of Preference Form. The certificate should contain full name of the employee, designation, transfer/posting order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer/posting order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.
(3) The children of such employees of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking who have been transferred or deputed to a place situated outside the State of Maharashtra or who have returned to the State of Maharashtra after initial transfer/deputation shall be eligible for admission even though such children might have passed the S.S.C. (Std. X) and/or H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent examinations from the recognized Institutions situated outside the State of Maharashtra.
(4) The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category at (3) above shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking has reported for duty. The certificate should contain full name of the Health Science DMER, employee, designation, transfer order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.
· Exception for SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) or equivalent examinations:-Children of employees of Government of India or its Undertaking :-
(1) The children of the employees of Government of India or its Undertaking shall be eligible for admission even though they might have passed the S.S.C. (Std.X) and/or H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent exam from the recognized Institutions situated outside the State of Maharashtra, provided that such an employee of Government of India or its Undertaking must have been transferred/posted at a place of work, located in the State of Maharashtra and also must have reported for duty i.e. joined the duty before the last date of submission of Preference Form.
(2) The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category (1) shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of India or its Undertaking has reported for duty as a proof of the fact that such employee has joined the office and/or reported for duty before the cut off date for eligibility i.e., the last date of submission of Preference Form. The certificate should contain full name of the employee, designation, transfer/posting order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer/posting order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.
· Additional Eligibility for BUMS: Candidate should have passed SSC (or equivalent) examination from the recognized board with Urdu as one of the subjects.
· Cut off date for the eligibility: The eligibility of the candidate shall be determined and/or decided for all purposes including for applicability of all these Rules and Regulations by considering the last date of submission of Preference Form as the cut off date. It is made abundantly clear that if a candidate is found ineligible as on the last date of submission of preference form, in terms of these Rules and Regulations, and if such an ineligible candidate acquires the requisite eligibility after the aforesaid cut off date (i.e. the last date of submission of preference form), such subsequent acquisition of eligibility will not make an ineligible candidate eligible for any purpose whatsoever, much less for the purpose of admission.
· The selected candidates who have cancelled their admission after the cut-off-date declared by respective central councils for the admission to Health Science Courses in the year 2006-07, are not eligible to appear at MHT-CET 2007. Notwithstanding anything stated in the rule here-in- above, a candidate who was allotted a seat in any course under MUHS Nashik in previous year(s) and who vacates / abandons it after availing the said seat, has completed such a period of course which would result into lapse of the said seat, will not be eligible for appearing in MHT-CET examination and admission for the next two years.
· For Eligibility to Health Science Courses under Maharashtra Karnataka Border (MKB) area specified reservation - Refer Annexure - E.
· For Eligibility to Health Science Courses under Defence specified reservation – Refer Annexure – C
· For Eligibility to Health Science Courses under Physically Handicapped specified reservation- Refer Annexure - D.
· All those candidates who have passed the S.S.C. (Std. X) and/or H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent examination/s from an Institution/s situated outside the State of Maharashtra are not eligible to appear at MHT-CET 2007 examination and subsequent admission to Health Science courses, except those exempted under Rule 4.9, 4.10, 4.11, 4.15 and 4.16.
· Admission to Health Science Courses is subject to the grant of eligibility by MaharashtraUniversity of Health Science, Nashik.
For Eligibility to B.V.Sc & A.H. degree course in Veterinary faculty refer Annexure J
|How To Apply:
APPLICATION FORM & INFORMATION BROCHURES:
· Mode of Sale: The single Application form and three information Brochures for MHT-CET 2007 (Health Science, Engineering and Pharmacy) will be available at Junior College/High School where student has studied for HSC (12th Std examination). Prescribed application forms as per the requirement shall be obtained by Head Master/Principal of the college from the Principal/Dean of the notified college in the district as shown in Annexure-A. The cost of application form along with the Information Brochures of MHT-CET-2007 and the Examination fee is Rs.900/- for open category, and Rs.700/- for reserve category candidate. This amount is not refundable. The School/Junior College should submit two separate demand drafts / pay order, one for open category candidates, another for reserve category candidates drawn in favour of “Competent Authority (MH-CET), Mumbai,” drawn on any scheduled commercial Bank, payable at Mumbai, to the Notified College while collecting application forms. Duly filled application form should be submitted by the candidate to the same Junior College/School on or before the prescribed date. All the Defence category candidates who are appearing/have appeared for qualifying examination (HSC or equivalent) from outside Maharashtra State and are otherwise eligible as per the rules to appear for MHT-CET-2007, should obtain the brochures and application form on payment of fee of Rs.900/- by Demand Draft/Pay order drawn on any scheduled commercial Bank in favour of ‘Competent Authority, MH-CET, Mumbai’ payable at Mumbai, from respective Divisional Authorities (Refer Table under Rule 6.2).
· Instructions for filling and submission of application form (Annexure “M”): The application form must be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting using black ink ball point pen. Filling up of application form by the candidate shall be done under active guidance of the Principal or teacher authorized by the Institution. The application should be submitted by the candidate on or before the prescribed date, to the Principal of concerned Jr. College/ High school. The application forms complete in all respects shall be submitted by the Principal of School/Junior College to the Dean / Principal of the notified College of the concerned District as shown in ‘Annexure-A’ on or before the last date prescribed for the same. It will be responsibility of the Head Master/Principal of High School/Junior College to verify and certify that the information provided in the application form by the candidate is correct.
For Candidates who have passed HSC or Equivalent exam from outside Maharashtra, the place of submission of application form, receiving of Receipt cum Identity card, Admit Card and Mark sheet shall be as given in the following table.
Place for Submission of Application form, Receiving
Receipt cum Identity Card, Admit Card & Marksheet
Defence (D1 & D2)
Divisional Authority of their Parent's district of domicile.
Divisional Authority of their place of posting.
State Govt. Employee (Transferred Out of Maharashtra) Refer Rule 4.10
Divisional Authority of place of original/initial posting before transfer/ deputation.
State Govt. Employee (Transferred back to Maharashtra) Refer Rule 4.10.
Divisional Authority of place of posting
Central Govt. Employee (Transferred to Maharashtra) Refer Rule 4.11.
Divisional Authority of place of posting
MKB candidates of Bidar & Gulbarga
Notified College - Govt. Medical College, Latur.
MKB candidates of Belgaum & Karwar
Notified College - R.C.S.M. Govt. Medical College, Kolhapur
For BVSc & AH only (J&K, Goa & NRI candidates)
At the office of any Divisional Authority
All the OMS candidates mentioned in above table should show relevant documents to the Divisional/Notified authority at the time of submission of application form.
· The candidates desirous of claiming the constitutional and / or specified reservations must have claimed the same in the original application form of MHT-CET 2007, failing which the claim will not be entertained subsequently. A candidate belonging to backward class from Maharashtra state only, is eligible for claiming seat under reserved category. An incomplete application form will be rejected. Application form sent by post/courier will be rejected. The candidate shall submit one and only one application form. In case, candidate submits more than one application form, he/she shall be disqualified.
Important Dates: MHT-CET-2007
Important Information for Entrance Examination
· Sale of information brochure and application forms (Through Jr. College/High School/Divisional Authority): 23/03/07 to 10/04/07
· Submission of application forms to Principal of Jr. College/School /Divisional Authority: 10/04/2007
· Last date to receive admit card: 12/05/2007
· Date of Examination: 17/05/2007 (Thursday)
· Centre of Examination: As shown in Admit Card
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our Career Counsellors and Members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
EXAM ALERTS, JEE
MAIN 2016, JEE ADVANCED
CMAT 2016, LSAT
DAT 2016, NIFT
Test 2016, IIFT
MBA (IB) 2016, NCAT
2016, DNB CET
SS 2016, NCHM JEE 2016, NMAT 2016, CEED
2016, AFCAT-1-2016, X-GMAT
OPENMAT-XXXIX 2016, UPCMET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, IIT
GAT 2016, KEE
MET 2016, KIITEE
UGAT 2016, GPAT
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, SRMJEEE
(KERALA) 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, UPSC
CDS 2016, JEST
RAPT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, NEST
2016, AIMA MAT
MAY 2016, BITSAT
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
JEE 2016, IPU CET 2016,
UGET 2016, TANCET
MBBS 2016, AP EAMCET
CAT 2016, SIU
SET 2016, AIIMS (MBBS)
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, AIIMS
PG DOCTORAL 2016, TISSNET
CET 2016, CBSE UGC
NET 2016, DAVV
CET 2016, KMAT
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, SLIET
SET 2016, NMIMS
NPAT 2016, AIMA
RMAT 2016, PIMS AICET UG
PET 2016, NMET
2016, MP DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT COURSES, BIOTECHNOLOGY,
MASS MEDIA, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAW, DISTANCE LEARNING,
MEDICAL, STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI