NEST 2017, National Entrance Screening Test 2017
||27 May 2017
||06 Mar 2017
National Institute of Science Education and Reserch (NISER) Bhubaneswar
University of Mumbai - Dept. of Atomic Energy, Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, (UM-DAE CBS) Mumbai, NISER, Institute of Physics Campus, Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO), Bhubaneswar-751005, Odisha
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. The test is conducted in around 60 cities [see list] (over 100 venues) across India. The brochure gives the detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various dead lines.
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1997. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2015 or 2017. Candidates appearing in 2017 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
The exam will be consisted of one paper only comprising in 5 sections and each section comprise in 60 questions and each question will carry one mark. Section one will be compulsory for all while section 2 to 5 will be from subjects as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. Only three highest scored sections will be considered for merit calculation. There will be negative marking in sections 2 to 5. The mode of language will be English only.
|How To Apply:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE SECTION-I: Application steps
Online application is done only through https://www.nestexam.in
You are advised to visit the NEST–2017 website (www.nestexam.in) and read the NEST 2017 brochure carefully before starting the application process. Here are the salient points of the application procedure.
1. Register yourself at the website. You need a valid email id to do so. Click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the NEST–2017 website to reach the online application page on/after 02nd January, 2017. You need to provide your name, a valid email-id and a password of your choice in window. 1. You will receive an email at the email-id provided by you, containing a link to confirm your registration. Click that link to confirm your registration. After confirmation, in window. 2., provide the same email-id & password, enter the secret code and click on ‘Login’. The application process allows multi-session data entry. You can login to your application profile as many times as you wish, using the same login details. If you forget your password then click ‘forgot password’ link to retrieve your password. For safety reasons you are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
2. Application process – Page 1: Fill/Edit Form (Basic Information of the candidate) Page 1 of the application process asks for personal information, choice of exam centres and academic details. You are required to furnish details of qualifying board examinations of Xth and XIIth standards. If your board provides CGPA instead of percentage then calculate the ‘equivalent percentage’ as per the guideline given by your board. Typically, CGPA is multiplied by 9.5 to convert it to ‘equivalent percentage’ value. For example, if your CGPA is 8.1 then your equivalent percentage is 76.95% (8.1x9.5). Please note, NEST committee takes the final decision on this conversion factor. Fill all other mandatory fields, save and proceed to the next page. The next page will show your newly generated application number. Your application number is important for all future communications with NEST office till you take admission to the programme.
3. Application process – Page 2: Upload (photo and signature) In page 2 of the application process you are required to upload JPG files of your passport size photograph and signature. Scan your passport size photograph & your signature and save them as JPEG files with sizes of maximum 100 KB each. Make sure that images are properly cropped. DO NOT LEAVE empty spaces around photo or signature. If your photograph and signature appear too small in the preview, that is probably because of improper cropping. Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again. You are strongly advised to follow the detailed instruction provided there. You may, however, choose to provide them in next login, in case you are not ready with them. In that case you can logout and return later.
4. Application process – Page 3: Make Payment Page 3 of the application process provides two online payment gateways (as per the ‘Fee structure’ given in section-II) among which you need to choose one.
Online payment: Convenient, paper-less option for payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Online payment is possible through TechProcess / SBIe-Pay payments gateways. The charges for cards/netbanking of different banks are given in the payment page. SBI-e-Pay payment gateway provides 3 chances (max) for each application number to retry payment against failed transactions. However, there is no such limit for TechProcess payment gateway. The amount debited for failed transactions will be refunded automatically within 7 days. Contact technical support (0674-2494360) if amount has been deducted and website failed to redirect to NEST page after payment was made. Payment status can be updated only if your transaction was SUCCESSFUL. The fee structure is outlined on next page.
5. Application process – Page 4: Verify all information on the application preview page and Submit Once all the mandatory fields in pages 1 through 3 are provided, including photograph & signature, a single page preview of your application is generated. The page contains your photograph, signature along with other important information. If you want to change any information you need to logout and re-login. For safety reasons you are not allowed to visit the previous pages directly using browser backspace button. Verify and confirm if all information on the preview page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible. Once satisfied, submit your application. 2 / 2 Please remember that once submitted, NEST office immediately receives your data. You are not allowed to further edit any information.
6. Take printout of the application summary page (optional). Once you submit your application, a summary page is being generated and made available to print directly. You may keep one copy for future references. However, you are NOT required to send any document to NEST office ( initiative). You can login to your application account and track updates on your application/payment after 3 working days. Once NEST office verifies your candidature, your ADMIT CARD will be generated and made available for download on/after 16th April, 2017. In case you face any difficulty or need any guidance at any stage, please send an email to NEST mailing address email@example.com stating clearly the problem(s) encountered. Telephone calls regarding filling of applications will not be entertained.
Address of correspondence: The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2017 National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) At/PO-Jatni, District- Khurda, PIN- 752050, Odisha, India
SECTION-II: FEE STRUCTURE
Particulars Application Fee 1 Male (General and OBC categories) Rs.700/- 2 Male (SC and ST categories) Rs.350/- 3 Female (All categories) Rs.350/- 4 Persons with Physical Disability (All categories) Rs.350/-
Registration / Online application opens: January 02, 2017 (10:00 am) [First Monday of January]
Online application closes: March 06, 2017 (midnight) [First Monday of March]
Download of admit card starts: April 14, 2017, 10:00 am [Second Friday of April]
Date of examination: May 27, 2017 (Saturday), 10:00 am - 1:00 pm [Last Saturday of May]
Announcement of results on NEST website: June 16, 2017 [Third Friday of June]
Ask Us Now
If you gave any Questions/ Queries about your Education/Admissions/Careers/Study in india/Study Abroad ?
Get answers from our members
Ask Us Now
Share your experience, become our Members and answer other members questions / queries.
State Wise College Listing
City Wise College Listing
Related Web Pages
ADMISSION ALERTS, ENTRANCE
EXAM ALERTS, VTUEEE 2017, XLRI RAPT 2017, AIIMS PG DOCTORAL 2017, CBSE UGC NET 2017, NCAT 2017, NSTSE 2017, X-GMAT 2017, OPENMAT-XLI 2017, NMAT 2017, IIFT MBA (IB) 2017, JAM 2017, GATE 2017, LSAT 2017, KIITEE 2017, LPUNEST MBA 2017, AIMA UGAT 2017, NID DAT 2017, GSIB ENTRANCE TEST GET 2017, MITID-DAT-2017, XAT 2017, AEEE 2017, TISS RAT 2017, NEET MDS 2017, NMET 2017, IIAST 2017, KMAT 2017, TISS BAT 2017, TISSNET 2017, GPAT 2017, UPTET 2017, JEST 2017, UPSC CDS (I) 2017, X-GMAT 2017, LPUNEST 2017, AICTE CMAT 2017, JEE MAIN 2017, JEE ADVANCED 2017, UPESEAT 2017, ULSAT 2017, NIFT Test 2017, AILET 2017, DNB CET SS 2017, NCHM JEE 2017, AFCAT 2017, X-GMAT 2017, IGNOU OPENMAT XLI 2017, VITEEE 2017, V-SAT 2017, GITAM GAT 2017, UPES MET 2017, SRMJEEE 2017, AIMA MAT FEBRUARY 2017, AIIMS (MBBS) 2017, IMU CET 2017, UID APTITUDE TEST 2017, IIT HSEE 2017, CLAT 2017, NEST 2017, BITSAT 2017, SAAT 2017, ITSAT 2017, MCAER-CET 2017, KERALA SET 2017, BEEE 2017, SLIET SET 2017, PAF ENTRANCE EXAM 2017, SEAT 2017, WBJEE 2017, IDAT 2017, TRIPURA JEE 2017, SOFT CET 2017, PUNE, PU MET 2017, NDA ENTRANCE 2017, MAHARASHTRA CET 2017, AILET 2017, BMAT 2017, HITSEEE 2017, AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE 2017, TANCET 2017, UPSEE 2017, NATA 2017, ODISHA JEE 2017, NMIMS NPAT 2017, SIU SET 2017, KEAM (KERALA) 2017, NIMCET 2017, BHU PET 2017, IPU CET 2017, UPSC CSP 2017, JIPMER MBBS 2017, AP EAMCET 2017, COMEDK UGET 2017, CBSE NEET UG 2017, HPNLET 2017, DEET
AIPMT 2016, COMEDK
PGET 2016, KEE
NDA 2016, BLDEU
PGET 2016, AIPGMEE
OET 2016, APIIT
NAT 2016, MICAT
PG CET 2016, PIMS AICET PG
GS 2016, JNU
CBEE 2016, JNUEE
CAT 2016, CAT
UGC (NET) 2016, CPMEE
(UTTARAKHAND) 2016, BCECE 2016,
CRET 2016, UPSC
Geo-scientist 2016, MHT
CET 2016, DAVV CET 2016,
SET 2016, NIPER
JEE 2016, CPMT
UP 2016, DNB
CET JULY 2016, SIU
PET 2016, IISER
BS-MS 2016, JOINT
CSIR UGC TEST 2016, AIMA RMAT 2016,
UG 2016, BHU
PET 2016, TNSET
DMAT 2016, MANAGEMENT
STUDY ABROAD, AMITY
UNIVERSITY, NOIDA, KURUKSHETRA
P UNIVERSITY, EXAM RESULTS,
MILLIA ISLAMIA, AIIMS,
GRE, TOEFL, SAT, BVIMR,
UNIVERSITY VARANASI, MDI