AIIMS Bhopal is one of the seven AIIMS apex healthcare institutes being established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna(PMSSY). With the aim of correcting regional imbalances in quality tertiary level healthcare in the country, and attaining self sufficiency in graduate and postgraduate medical education and training the PMSSY planned to set up 6 new AIIMS like institutions in under served areas of the country. These institutions are being established by an Act of Parliament on the lines of the original All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi which imparts both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches and related fields, along with nursing and paramedical training. to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all branches of health care activity.
Eligibility for Ph. D course– Non Sponsored
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. Medical qualification: MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board of Examination.
Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India shall not be eligible to apply.
2. Non-Medical – For nonmedical candidates eligibility shall be Master’s Degree (two years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per requirement of the project. Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree & BAMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category
Candidate possessing Masters Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible
Candidate having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 55% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified.
The non-medical candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following national entrance tests in the last 2 years:
· Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
· ICMR – JRF
· ICMR- SRF
· DBT – JRF
· DBT - SRF
· NBHM screening test
· INSPIRE fellowship
· UGC – JRF
· UGC - SRF
· CSIR – JRF
· CSIR– SRF
· DST/SERB – JRF
· DST/SERB – SRF
· Candidates who have qualified in above said examinations leading to award of fellowships will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in method of selection part of guidelines.
· Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate” from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
· The candidates, who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree on closing date of application, may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after closing date of applications are not eligible to take up this examination.
· Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
Submission of Application
The applications will be invited on a prescribed Performa. The application form along with prescribed fees must be submitted by Speed Post/by Hand latest by 28/02/2022 upto 5.00
PM in the Office of Registrar, Academic Block, AIIMS Bhopal, Saket Nagar, Bhopal (MP)- 462020. AIIMS, Bhopal is not responsible in any manner for any postal delay.
For General/OBC candidates Rs. 1000/-
For SC/ST/PwD and all Women candidates – Nil
Fees to be paid by Demand Draft only in favour of “Director AIIMS Bhopal”payable at Bhopal.
Fee once remitted will not be refunded in any circumstance.
Inadequately filled / incomplete applications may be summarily rejected.
Registration closed Date: 2nd January, 2020
The application form alongwith prescribed fees must be submitted by Speed Post/by Hand latest by: 28th February, 2022 upto 5.00