All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar has been established as an Autonomous Institution and Institute of National Importance through the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012. By virtue of this Act, the Institute grants its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions. AIIMS, Bhubaneswar, is one of the fastest-growing INIs. The Institute invites applications from highly motivated students having a consistently good academic record for enrolment in the PhD program.
AIIMS Bhubaneswar is a unique institution with a Hospital Wing, an Academic Wing and Research Wing. It makes major contributions to the teaching as well as exploring the fundamental aspects of biology and the most practical and applied problems of human health. All basic and preclinical department houses research and teaching laboratories, faculty offices, lecture rooms, specialized libraries, storeroom and departmental office. Besides the departmental library, journal and books related to the subject of medicine and basic science and other subjects are available in the central laboratory also. Department has well equipped Postgraduate and Clinical research laboratories.
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. **Medical qualification: MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board (DNB) of Examination will be considered eligible for the admission.
2. **Non-Medical – For non-medical candidates, eligibility shall be Master’s Degree (two years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per the requirement of the project. Candidates holding M.Sc. in a subject allied to Life Sciences/Bio-Medical Sciences (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. The degree will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category. Candidate having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 55% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified (50 % in case of SC/ST/OBC/OPH candidates).
Candidate possessing a Master’s Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible. The non-medical candidates should have qualified in any one of the following national entrance tests in the last 2 years (Valid Fellowship):
· Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
· ICMR – JRF
· DBT – JRF
· NBHM screening test
· Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
· INSPIRE fellowship
· UGC – JRF
· CSIR – JRF
· Any other Fellowship for the PhD. Program
§ Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate” from their employer before they are allowed to join the PhD Course.
§ The candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 15th September 2019 may also apply.
§ A candidate who is employed as a Research Fellow in extramural research projects in this Institute provided, he/she possesses the required educational qualifications**.
§ A teacher of the Institute holding a substantive post who is relieved on study leave with salary for a period of not less than two years for pursuing a Ph.D. program.
Application form available at the AIIMS Bhubaneswar website should be duly filled and the filled application form should be forwarded through Speed Post to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, Examination Cell, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, At-Sijua, Post-Dumuduma Patrapada, Bhubaneswar -751019 to reach on or before 16.09.2019 at 5:00pm. The envelope should be marked as “AIIMS BBSR PhD 2019”. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.
Open on: 19th August, 2019 to 16th September, 2019 at 5:00pm
Date of Exam: 28th September, 2019 (Location: Board Room, Administrative building, AIIMS Bhubaneswar)