The All India Institute of Medical Sciences [AIIMS] was designed to serve as a nucleus for nurturing excellence in all aspects of health and wellness throughout India. AIIMS are a group of autonomous public medical institutes that have been declared by an Act of Parliament 1956 as “Institute of National Importance”. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur is one among the four AIIMS announced during the budget speech 2014-15 under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY). The Foundation stone for the institute was laid by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi and Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis at Sector 20, MIHAN on 14th April 2017. Union Cabinet Minister for Road Transport and Highway and Shipping (GoI), Shri Nitin Gadkari, and several other dignitaries graced the occasion. The primary objective of AIIMS is “correcting regional imbalances in the availability of affordable/reliable tertiary healthcare services and also to augment facilities for quality medical education in the country”. With a campus spanning over 150 acres of land in the Special Economic Zone, MIHAN, the institute is committed to its mission of providing the highest levels of patient satisfaction, healthcare, safety, dignity and rights through evidence-based clinical practices of the highest standard and transparent management processes. Working tirelessly, within a short span of time, it has been unfaltering in its efforts to provide the best medical education and training with all modern facilities and is progressing towards becoming a Center of Excellence in teaching, patient care, and research. Currently, students for MBBS, post-graduation, and Ph.D courses are enrolled with the institute.
A candidate seeking admission to the programme leading to the award of Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. MEDICAL QUALIFICATION: MBBS with Minimum 55% aggregate marks and MD/MS/MPH/DM/MCH or Diplomate of National Board of Examination in the subject concerned. Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges other than INI, which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India will not be eligible to apply.
2. NON-MEDICAL QUALIFICATION: For nonmedical candidates, eligibility shall be Masters Degree (2 or 3 years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject. Candidate should have at least 55% aggregate marks in the last Qualifying examination.
Candidates possessing Masters Degree through Distance Learning Course shall not be eligible.
3. Desired qualifications for candidates with Fellowships: The candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance Tests in the last 2 years
• Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
• NBHM screening test
• Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
• INSPIRE fellowship
Candidates who have qualified in above mentioned examinations leading to award of Fellowships, will be given special weightage in the entrance examination mentioned in the section related to selection in this document.
4. Candidates working under Central Govt./State Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer along with their applications.
5. FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
a) Foreign nationals shall be required to fill in the prescribed application form indicating the choice of subject (only one subject) for admission to programme leading to award of PhD degree.
b) The foreign nationals are required to send their applications through Diplomatic Channel. They shall also be required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates.
c) Seats shall not be reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals (except the bilateral agreement between the Government of India and any other Nation).
Institute Fellowship shall not be provided to any of the selected candidates.
Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
Mode of payment: Through demand draft in name of “Director AIIMS Nagpur”, Payable at Nagpur
1. Please fill the application form carefully and submit the hardcopy by speed post.
2. Changes in the application will NOT be permitted after 20.11.2021.
3. Applicants may note that further correspondence will NOT be entertained in this regard.
4. Result for PhD Programme will be available on website www.aiimsnagpur.edu.in
5. Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are advised NOT to call the examination section for such information.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The applications are invited on a prescribed Proforma. The application form (with self-attested copies of all document) and fees (Demand Draft) must be submitted by Speed Post to following address.
Address: Academic Section, Plot No.2, Sector-20, MIHAN, Nagpur - 441108. (MH).
AIIMS, Nagpur is not responsible for any postal delay.
Email for correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Opens On: 1st November, 2021
Last date of submission of Hard Copy of application: 20th November, 2021 (upto 1300hrs)
Status of application and rejected application with reason for rejection: 6th December, 2021
Last date of submission of required documents for regularization of rejected application: 13th December, 2021 (upto 1700 hrs)
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot