CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute (CSIR-CDRI), a premier drug research institute of India was inaugurated on 17th Feb 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru with a vision to strengthen and advance the field of drug research and development in the country. The Institute has made significant accomplishments in the pursuit of its mission to New Drugs & Technologies for affordable healthcare for all, generation of knowledge base and nurturing future leaders for healthcare sector. Today, it has become a unique model for modernized drug research in India – having everything under one roof, from synthesis, screening, development studies, process up-scaling to clinical studies. Unique achievements of the Institute includes discovery and development of 12 new drugs, of which, Arteether (Brand Name: E-mal), BESEB (Brand Name: Memory Sure), Centchroman (Brand Name: Saheli) are currently in market; transferred more than 130 indigenous technologies to the pharmaceutical companies, a significant contribution in the metamorphosis of the Indian Pharma Industry. So far, more than 10,000 research articles have been published by the Institute in peer reviewed journals. Obtained m ore than 350 Indian patents and 90 international patents; and produced more than 1000 Ph.D's. Several of its Alumni have occupied highest positions in national and international academic institutions, biotech and pharma industries.
M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Life sciences/ Biotechnology/ Chemical sciences/Pharmaceutical sciences with valid fellowship (CSIR /UGC /ICMR /DBT /DST GPAT-JRF/AYUSH-NET or with any other relevant national fellowship).
The fellowship should be valid as on the date of joining for the session commencing January 2022.
Selection process: All applications will be screened by a committee. The committee will set the criteria for short-listing the candidates. Only those candidates who are found eligible will be informed to attend the Online interview tentatively being conducted between 23-25 November 2021. The number of students to be selected will depend upon the positions available. The decision of the committee with regard to selection of candidates shall be final.
For ONLINE Application & details visit our website
· Interested candidates can apply online only through the official website.
· The E-Mail ID and Mobile No. entered in the Online Application Form should remain valid / active until the admission process is completed. No change in the E-Mail ID and Mobile No. will be allowed once submitted. The candidate himself/herself will be responsible for wrong or expired E-Mail ID & Mobile Number.
· The candidates are required to upload a soft copy/scanned (digital) image (in JPG/JPEG format) of his/her recent Passport Size Photograph (less than 150 KB) and Signature (less than 100 KB).
· Candidates must upload a scanned copy of caste (SC and ST) and medical certificate (for PWD), in PDF format (size less than 300 KB), if applicable. Candidates have to upload Proof of Date of Birth, Result of JRF Exam and Marksheet of all the Qualifications in PDF format (size less than 300 KB).
· Read for more information and before filling of online application procedures are available on the website.
Start of filing Online Application: 22nd October, 2021; 10am onwards
Last Date for filing up Online Application: 8th November, 2021; upto 5.30pm
Online interview tentatively being conducted between: 23rd -25th November, 2021