CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore (A constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi) came into existence during 1950 with the great vision of its founders, and a network of inspiring as well as dedicated scientists who had a fascination to pursue in-depth research and development in the areas of food science and technology. Research focus of CSIR-CFTRI has been revolved around broadly into the following areas:
· Engineering Sciences
· Technology Development
· Translational Research
· Food Protection and Safety
Food Technology being inter-disciplinary in nature the mandate or vision of the Institute is fulfilled through various R&D Departments and Support Departments along with its Resource Centres at Hyderabad, Lucknow and Mumbai.
A Bachelor's Degree in Science / Agriculture / Engineering / Technology with a minimum of 55% marks for General / OBC candidates / Defence Personnel and 50% for SC/ST/PWD students from a recognized University. For industry Sponsored candidates, Bachelor's Degree in Science / Agriculture / Engineering / Technology with a minimum of 55% marks and five years industrial experience in a Food and allied industry.
Candidates shall be ranked based on their performance in the Entrance Test subject to reservation.
The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 50% for (General / OBC students / Defence personnel/ Industrial Sponsored) and 45% for (SC/ST/PWD candidates). For Industry Sponsored candidates, selection process will comprise of written test followed by interview (Qualifying candidates only).
Entrance Test will be conducted at Mysuru, New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Kolkata. The admit card will be generated immediately on filling the application form.
· Interested candidates can apply online only through the official website.
· The candidates should retain their Mobile Numbers and Email Ids mentioned in the registration form, till the completion of admission formalities.
· Candidates are advised to fill up the application carefully after going through General Instructions in the electronic application form. Please note that the information submitted in the electronic application form will be used for further processing. Therefore candidates are requested to exercise more care while submitting the information.
· Only one application is allowed for an applicant. If, at any time, it is found that more than one application is filled by a candidate, then the candidature will be summarily rejected.
· For General candidates: Rs. 590/- (inclusive of GST @ 18%)
· For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs. 1180/- (inclusive of GST @ 18%)
· Mode of Payment: Online Through Credit card/ Debit card/Net Banking
· Admit card can be downloaded from the website.
· Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. Admit card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
Start Date of Online Application: 29th October, 2020
Last Date for submission of Online Application: 16th November, 2020
Admit card can be downloaded: 18th November, 2020
Date of Entrance Examination: 22nd November, 2020