The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
CCMB was set up initially as a semi-autonomous Centre on April 1, 1977 with the Biochemistry Division of the then Regional Research Laboratory (presently, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, IICT)
· Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine.
· Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
· Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
· B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
· Candidates in the final year of the qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their selection will be Conditional to completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, and they can only join the Ph.D. program with the August 2021 batch of Ph.D. students.
· Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates may be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country sometime in December.
· Candidates qualifying the written test/other parameters and having a valid Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for an online/in-person interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad in December/January.
· Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website.
· Candidates with a master’s degree in any branch of Science or a bachelor’s degree in Eng./Pharmacy/Medicine may submit their applications online by 13th November 2020 through http://e-portal.ccmb.res.in/phd/application/
· The application processing fees of Rs. 500/- should be paid online only and is non- refundable.
· Candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form with all necessary documents on or before the specified date.
Last date for submission of Application for admission: 13th November, 2020
Date of Written test (Tentative): December 2020
Date of Interview (Tentative): December 2020/January 2021
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot