IGIB, a premier research
WHO CAN APPLY
Masters (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology. B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply. In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination. Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Fellowship: M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at the time of joining in all cases). Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects. B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible. Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB. Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
1. Please register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal.
2. CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website
3. Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
4. Submit the non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. Instructions for the payment will be available on the website (CSIR-IGIB portal).
1. INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ONLINE THIS YEAR. Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, to be held in June 23-25, 2020.The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences. Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application. The candidates should be ready to make a short 5-minute presentation (no slides,) based on their research interest and research proposal.
2. The names of the successful candidates eligible to join CSIR-IGIB PhD program will be declared on the institute website by July 1st Week.
3. The selected candidates are required to join CSIR-IGIB before the date of joining intimated to them.
4. Admission into the CSIR-IGIB PhD Program of AcSIR is subject to the verification of all documents defining eligibility. Non-fulfillment of the eligibility criteria will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of admission process.
5. At the time of admission all selected candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee (Rs 10000 for general category and Rs 5000 for SC/ST/non-creamy OBC candidates).
6. No TA/DA will be paid at any stage of the selection process.
7. The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Canvassing of any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification.
8. In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIRIGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
The Last Date of accepting applications is extended to: 20th May, 2021 6:00PM.
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot