A golden chapter was added to the glorious history of Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), functioning under the aegis of ICAR,
veterinary community celebrated the joy of global freedom from the deadly disease of rinderpest by unveiling a memorial pillar on and June, 2012 at its mother campus located at Mukteswar, Uttarakhand. On this occasion, a one-day workshop entitled “Emerging infectious and transboundary animal disease; Challenges for 21st century” was also organized wherein, the eminent scientists and contributors in the field of rinderpest eradication programme namely, Dr. R.M. Acharya, Former Deputy Director General (Animal Science), ICAR; Prof. M.C. Sharma, Director and Vice-Chancellor, IVRI; Dr. Gaya Prasad, Assistant Director General (Animal Health), ICAR; Dr. B.B. Mallick, Former Director, IVRI and Vice-Chancellor, Animal and Fisheries University, Kolkata; Dr. S.C. Suneja, Former Director, NPRE; Prof. P.K. Uppal, Former Director, NRC on Equines; Prof. M.P. Yadav, Former Director, IVRI and Vice Chancellor, SBBPU A&T, Meerut shared their views on this occasion.
· NATIONALITY: Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
· AGE: He or She has completed the minimum age of 17 years on or before the 31st December, 2020. Further, maximum age should not exceed to 25 years on or before 31.12.2020. There shall be relaxation of maximum age by five years for Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Class (OBC) or Divyang candidates.
· ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION: He or She has passed the qualifying examination as defined under VCI - MSVE Regulations, 2016 with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English (as a core course) and obtained marks as specified under regulations (7) or an examination equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English. As per MSVE Regulations, 2016, a candidate under General Category for admission to the BVSc & AH degree course shall have to qualify in each of the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, and obtained 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects, at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to the SC or ST or Divyang category of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 5% less than general standards Admission of students to BVSc & AH degree course shall be made only on the basis of his or her merit obtained in the Merit of NEET –UG-2020 subject to fulfillment of the other criteria as laid down above including qualifying examination and no other merit or weightage shall be considered for admission to BVSc & AH degree course.
· PHYSICAL DISABILITY A candidate shall not be allowed admission to BVSc & AH degree course if he or she suffers the following disabilities, namely:- (a) disability of total body including disability of chestorspine more than 50%, (b) disability of lower limb of more than 50%, (c) disability of upper limb, (d) visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability, (e) candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc. (f) disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a veterinarian.
Note: The disability shall be certified by a duly constituted and Government authorized Medical Board comprising of at least three specialists out of which two shall be of the specialty concerned and the candidate has to present him or her-self before the Medical Board and the last valid disability certificate of the candidate from a Medical Board shall not be more than three months old from the date of submitting his or her certificate for disabled candidates.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE COUNSELING
· The candidate has to apply online by using the IVRI BVSc & AH Admission 2020-21 Application Portal available at http://ivri.nic.in/BVScAdmPortal.
· The detailed procedure for using the IVRI BVSc & AH Admission 2020-21 Application Portal is available at the end of this information bulletin. The candidates are advised to read the procedure carefully before using it.
· The registration fee [Rs.1000/- for General/OBC/EWS candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/Divyang (PH) candidates] has to be submitted online using the link provided in the portal itself.
· Once the steps mentioned above are completed, the candidate has to SUBMIT the application form by clicking the FINISH button.
· All the candidates must also mail the scanned copy of the documents/ certificates uploaded on the portal along with the Application Summary Page (as a .zip folder/ .rar folder) on email id: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st December, 2020.
· The online counseling for admission to BVSc & AH degree programme shall be conducted by ICAR-IVRI Deemed University, Izatnagar and the decision of ICAR-IVRI shall be final.
For Further updates, the candidates are advised to regularly visit the IVRI website.
Online Registration and documents uploading by the candidates: 22nd to 31st December, 2020
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot
The candidates for admission to Ph.D programme must have M.V.Sc. degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum CGPA 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General and OBC categories and 5.50/10.00 scale, 2.75/5.00 scale, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/Physically challenged/Sponsored candidates, respectively from any recognized University in India or where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured atleast 60% marks for General/OBC category. For SC/ST/Physically challenged/ Sponsored category candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. The equivalence between OGPA and percent marks, where needed, will not be acceptable
The minimum age for admission for Ph.D. shall be 23 years and there will be no upper age limit. The age shall be reckoned as on 1st August, 2017.
Information Bulletin and application form for admission into Ph.D Programme can either be obtained from Asstt. Adm. Officer (Academic), IVRI, Izatnagar 243 122, Bareilly (U.P) OR can be downloaded from Institute (www.ivri.nic.in) and should be submitted alongwith a bank draft of Rs. 1200/- for General/OBC category and Rs.1000/ for SC/ST/PH category candidates drawn in favour of "ICAR Unit IVRI, Izatnagar" payable at State Bank of India. CARI Branch (Code 7027),
Entrance Test: May 07, 2017
Last date for Submission form: April, 01, 2017