In the meeting of BOG MDI held on 11th October, 2010, the board had discussed the proposal regarding expansion of MDI in the eastern and southern part of the country. It was informed to the Board during the meeting that the Govt. of West Bengal is setting up a
Management Development Institute (MDI), one of
The land allotted on lease to MDI by Jangipur Bengal Mega Food Park Ltd. for setting up the new campus, is located 250 kms from Kolkata on National Highway No. 34 (Kolkata - Dalkhola) and is about 42 kms from Farakka barrage. Jangipur Bengal Mega Food Park Ltd. is a Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and the development of infrastructure for
The setting up of the new campus and making it functional w.e.f. academic year 2013, required immediate and concerted action. The capabilities of MDI Gurgaon being already stretched, was not available for this purpose. Looking at the profile of IFCI Infrastructure Development Ltd. (IIDL), as the company has constructed a large number of high end residential and commercial spaces and maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and transparency, IIDL has been engaged for the construction and maintenance of the infrastructure at Jangipur. The proposed
Under Phase I it is proposed to develop Academic Block, Teaching Block, Students village, MDI Guest House and the residential area at a total cost of Rs. 47.23 crores.Under Phase II further expansion of Academic Block, Teaching Block, MDP Guest House, Residential Area, Auditorium and Sports complex will be constructed at a cost of Rs. 43.58 crores.
• The candidates should be able to furnish score of CAT 2021
• The candidates must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both X and XII
• The candidate must have minimum 3 year’s Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) and completing all requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree by 30th June, 2022 can also apply, subject to furnishing evidence to that effect latest by 1st October, 2022; otherwise they may be asked to withdraw from the programme.
• The basis for computing the percentage obtained by the candidate would be based on the practice followed by the university/ institution/board from where the candidate has obtained the degree/ certificate. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/institution/ board from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree/certificate. In case the university/institution/ board does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by MDI M by dividing obtained CGPA with maximum possible CGPA and multiplying fraction so obtained by 100”.
• Shortlisting of candidates for the selection process will be done on the basis of the details provided in the application form and their CAT or GMAT scores. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process at a centre in one of the following cities: Bangalore, Gurugram, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai. Centres other than Kolkata and Gurugram are tentative. The selection process may also be conducted online, for which the intimation will be given to the short-listed candidates in advance.
• Foreign / OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries applicants can be considered for admission on the basis of their valid GMAT scores. Applicants have to apply online by visiting MDIM website. Online registration for Foreign / OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries applicants will be open till Friday, 26 November 2021, 17:00 hrs.
Online application forms of MDI Murshidabad (MDIM) and MDI Gurgaon (MDIG) are common. Applicants can apply by visiting MDI Murshidabad website and MDI Gurgaon website and follow the process mentioned.
The common Application Form has the following options:
• Management Development Institute Murshidabad
• Management Development Institute Gurgaon
Application Form fees is as under:
• Rs.1,180/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for MDIM
• Rs.3,000/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for MDIG
• Rs.3,590/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for both
Candidates have to make an online payment as applicable using Credit Card / Debit Card/Internet Banking/UPI.
Last date of submission of Application Form: 11th February 2022, 17:00 hrs.