The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) took birth as National Tissue Culture Facility in March 11, 1986 with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune campus, Pune. During its transformation, the centre has undergone several changes to facilitate achievement of its goals. The centre has expanded its scientific charter to strengthen basic research in the areas of cancer biology, cell biology, immunology, genomics and proteomics.
Eligibility for NCCS Ph.D Programme:-
1. Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/BINC, etc. OR DST-Inspire with LS or GATE.
2. Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 7th March, 2021 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS March, 2021 Reference Code at the designated place.
1. Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the "Project List of ICMR" are not eligible.
2. NCCS's Ph.D. program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
3. All the eligible complete applications recived within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule.
4. Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the funding agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
5. Fellowship will be activated as per the respective funding agencies guidelines on direct benefit transfer basis, NCCS will not be responsible for providing fellowships.
6. Reservation will be as per government of india guidelines.
7. SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach a true copy of Caste Certificate/Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of Interview.
8. Kindly Mention “Application for Ph.D.- March 2022 Session” in the subject of the e-mail.
MODE OF APPLICATION:-
The complete application form (download from NCCS web site) along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and fellowship certificate/admit card should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (One PDF file containing application in prescribed format along with certificates) on or before 6th December, 2021.
In case of any queries, candidates should e-mail at email@example.com phone enquires will be not be entertained.
Last Date: 6th December, 2021
Online Interview: 19th , 20th and 21st January, 2022.