The development of Fire Services in India was to a large extent influenced by India’s political and historical association with Britain till the Second World War (1939-1945). At the outbreak of war in 1939, there were innumerable Fire Authorities in Britain which were heterogeneous and ill-equipped to function as a National Force-so vital for the war effort. A hurried attempt was made to fuse them into an integrated National Organization-the National Fire Service-which, in spite of all handicaps did commendable work and helped to maintain the British morale at a high pitch throughout the duration of war. After the war was over, the responsibility for the administration of the Fire Services reverted to the Local Bodies because of a promise made by the Home Secretary at the time of constituting the National Fire Service. The lessons learnt during the war were, however, not wasted. The number of Fire Authorities was drastically reduced, making each a viable one, and the British Home Office established an Inspectorate of Fire Services, evidently with a view to ensure standardization of equipment, brigade procedures, uniform, ranks and training and to ensure better coordination and cooperation among them.
Eligibility conditions and requirements for admissions through NAP at NFSC The candidate desirous of applying for B.E. (Fire Engineering) program for the academic year becomes eligible by possessing the following qualifications mentioned below:
a) Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std. XII) examination of any State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, in the above subjects taken together and obtained at least 50% marks; AND Obtained All India Rank in JEE (Main) 2021 CRL Rank given by NTA. Also, the candidate must have passed with English as a subject. For students hailing from States other than Maharashtra State, this criterion will be governed by rules of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State.
b) The eligibility of the candidates who are Indian Nationals, passing the HSC (Std. XII) or equivalent examination from a School/College/Examination Board situated outside India shall be further decided by the RTM Nagpur University Authorities. Hence, such candidates are advised to get their eligibility verified by the University Authorities before seeking admission to the B.E. (Fire Engineering) program. The candidates belonging to this type are however required to appear for the JEE (Main) 2021 CRL Rank.
Nationalized Admission Process (NAP) at National Fire Service College
Candidates seeking admission to the B E (Fire Engineering) course are required to appear for JEE (Main) 2021 CRL Rank (Paper-1) conducted by NTA for the academic year. The candidates are advised to ensure before applying that he/she is eligible for admission to the program as per the prevailing eligibility norms of the NFSC.
The following stages shall be followed for Nationalized Admission Process at National Fire Service College:
Inviting Online Applications
1) The Competent Authority shall invite Online Applications from Candidates in the prescribed form for participating in Nationalized Admission Process through the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity for seeking admission to the Under Graduate Technical Course B.E. (Fire Engineering) for the academic year-2021.
2) Candidates shall apply online through the external admission link provided at college website. The Admission Brochure shall be published on the NFSC website by the Competent Authority and the candidate should read the brochure carefully before applying.
3) The Application processing fee for NAP shall be Rs. 500/- paid through online payment Gateway and the amount is Non-Refundable.
4) Consequently, the Candidates shall apply online and submit the necessary documents/certificates issued by the concerned Authority, along-with the application, in the prescribed Proforma as per the eligibility conditions mentioned in this Admission Brochure.
5) Candidates are required to fill in all the details as per the instructions and Upload scanned valid necessary documents as per the requirement of the admission while filling online application form. After confirmation of application form, information cannot be changed by candidate.
6) The Printout of form shall have list of documents required to be produced by the candidate for substantiating his/her claim made in the application form. The candidate shall carry a two sets of Xerox copies of the required documents at the Document Verification and Medical Examination.
7) The candidates applied through online admission portal shall be scrutinized based on the scores in JEE (Main) and the percentile scores of the candidate in the respective Board of education and will be called in proportionate ratio decided by competent authority based on All India Rank provided by NTA in the JEE (Main) 2021 CRL Rank.
8) On publication of list in the web site, the candidates will be attended for the document verification and medical examination Infront of the board constituted at National Fire Service College.
9) The candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list(s) will not be able to participate in remaining admission Process.
10) The admission board of NFSC constituted by the Competent Authority will conduct the document verification and medical examination as per the eligibility conditions and requirements mentioned in this admission brochure.
For Admission Related Queries, please contact us during office working hours from 10 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Friday).
Telephone Number: 0712-2982225, E-mail: email@example.com
Registration Start Date: 1st October, 2021
Closing Date of Registration: 17th October, 2021
Document Verification & Medical Examination: 26th – 28th October, 2021
Note: Date may change due to COVID-19 situation and as per directions of Government of India/State Governments/RTM Nagpur University