The National Institute for Plant Genome Research, formerly known as National Centre for Plant Genome Research, is a premier institution for plant genomic research. It has been established by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of
Admission to Ph.D. Programme for 2017-2018: National Institute of Plant Genome Research, is an Autonomous Research Institution, funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and conducts basic and applied research in the frontier areas of plant biology. The Institute invites applications from candidates who have completed or will be completing M. Sc. or equivalent degree (by August 31, 2017) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks, and have cleared the CSIR-UGC NET exam / DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC) / ICMR NET exam for JRF (with a valid Junior Research Fellowship as on Deceber 31, 2017), for conducting advanced researches in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics. Reservations are as per statutory norms. The selection will be made on the basis of interview only.
The selected candidates will be enrolled for Ph.D. program in academic affiliation with the
1. Application should be typed on A-4 size plain paper in the format given (Form can be downloaded from website).
2. Item 3 and 5 in the format should be filled in as shown in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
3. Each page in the typed application form should be signed by the candidate.
4. Completed application must be accompanied with a crossed Demand Draft for
5. Application should be accompanied by attested copies of certificates and mark sheets mentioning the division obtained and Fellowship Award Letter/Admit Card.
6. Two passport size recent photographs should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form, while the other should be enclosed.
7. Application along with Demand Draft should be sent to "The Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No. 10531, New Delhi-110 067" so as to reach on or before May 25, 2017.
8. Incomplete applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained. The decision of the Institute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
9. NIPGR will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for interview.
10. Applications must enclose documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) if applicable, along with other specified enclosures.
Last date for online Submission form: 22nd May, 2017