The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well being. Health is often defined as the absence of any diseases. Although our understanding of disease biology has grown rapidly in recent decades with the advent of modern technologies including proteomics and genomics, underlying mechanisms of many diseases remain obscure. Hence unraveling the biology of complex diseases is an extremely high priority requirement.Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology's (RGCB) Disease Biology Research does innovative research in cellular and molecular mechanisms of human, animal and plant diseases. The program is designed to make the institute a world-class research establishment in molecular and medical aspects of human, animal and plant disease biology integrating theory, modeling, simulation and experiential science encompassing disciplines such as biology, genetics, chemical biology, immunology and many other disciplines.
Eligibility for PhD admission
1. Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade point are eligible to apply. Candidates who are appearing for their final qualifying degree exam or awaiting the qualifying degree result are also eligible to apply.
2. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
3. Applicants must have a valid JRF Fellowship (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/ or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
4. Upper age limit is 28 years as on March 1st, 2021 Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
5. RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
1. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and performance in the national level tests.
2. PhD interviews may be held online.
3. Guidelines for interview will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interview.
4. The list of selected candidates will be displayed on RGCB website.
1. Only online applications will be accepted.
2. Application Fee (Rs. 500) must be paid online using 'SB Collect' of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage.
3. SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
4. Last date for receiving completed applications is 10th March 2021. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
Fees for PhD Programme
1. The students admitted for PhD programme will have to pay a laboratory fee of Rs 5000 per semester for the first eight semesters and Rupees 10,000 for every semester after.
2. SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempt from these tuition fees.
3. University fees will have to be paid directly to the University directly by the student.
1. All communication with candidates will be by email only.
2. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
3. In case of any application-related queries, please contact: email@example.com
Date of advertisement in news papers: 17th February, 2021 [Wednesday]
Last date of application: 10th March, 2021 [Wednesday]
Date of online interview: 22nd & 23rd March, 2021 [Monday, Tuesday]
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot