SSE is a bright, young, vigorous and growing institution, with a demonstrable record of success. This very niche institute seeks to develop intellectual discipline, critical and analytical assessment, which will result in rational thinking, along with an understanding of the need for constrained optimization, and a strong urge to strive towards achieving equilibrium. We at SSE, achieve these goals in an educational environment committed to excellence and academic freedom.
Higher education is critical to successful economic development and quality of life. SSE offers graduate and postgraduate programs in Economics within which students develop the intellectual and professional competencies for successful life and work leadership. Certificate courses in emerging areas are also offered to add to the learning and employability quotient of our students. For those who are inspired by the spirit of research- SSE offers an integrated M.Sc-PhD programme.
The course content, both at the BSc and MSc program is rigorous and the approach is deive and investigative; it will connect the students with every aspect of economic life - right from the grass root level of economics to the micro, macro and global environment. It will churn out a class of students who will be capable of including innovations and pragmatism into problem solving in these very spheres. The study of Economics will also assist and guide the scholars to understand and resolve the several conflicting macroeconomic goals. Another important feature about SSE is that Economics is regarded and taught as a part of liberal education, providing a pertinent background for several professions. Thus with its interdisciplinary flavour, the program prepares students for a career with corporate, banks, financial institutions, media & communication, government, research and academia. The environment here is disciplined and demanding, at the same time giving plenty of scope for creativity, originality and student initiatives.
It is a journey of academic pursuits, which will be ever evolving including different perspectives from varied stakeholders, making our courses increasingly relevant and meaningful.
· Any graduate with exposure to Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics are welcome.
· Graduate from any recognized University/ Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe).
· Students appearing for final year examinations can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for SC/ST) at qualifying examination.
Selection Procedure: Students will be selected on the basis of the Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interaction (PI) to be conducted at SSE, Pune, Kolkata, and Noida. Writing Ability Test: Essay type is a written test on a general topic to comprehend the candidate’s writing skill
Personal Interaction: Interaction with a panel of faculty members/experts who try to comprehend the knowledge and understanding of the candidate with respect to Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics
· The applicants can register online at the official website https://www.sse.ac.in/ & https://siu.ishinfo.com/SIUPGF21/Register/Index.aspx
· The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
· For details about SET, kindly visit https://www.sse.ac.in/, the applicant will receive a prospectus from Symbiosis School of Economics.
Application Fee: Rs. 750/-
Mode of Payment: online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
Programme Registration Begins: 8th January 2021
Last date of online registration: 21st June 2021
Last Date of payment of Registration fees: 21st June 2021
Announcement of Shortlist for Group Exercise and Personal Interaction: 26th June 2021
Date of Writing Ability Test and Personal Interaction: 1st, 2nd, 3rd July, 2021
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot
Eligibility for admission
Ø XII pass from any branch with minimum 50% marks for the general category and 45% for
students of SC and ST category.
Ø Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and Group discussion & Personal Interview of the
Application Procedure for SIU SET 2018:
· Candidates can apply online
· Candidates need to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1500/- towards the test fee and for prospectus of undergraduate programs of
· Candidates have 4 choices for payment as follows:
Cash: This ‘Payment Advice’ form is in three parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at Axis bank or Indian bank branches in the city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two parts of the ‘payment advice’ form to you.
Demand Draft: Get a crossed demand draft for Rs. 1500/- from any nationalized bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
· Online Payment through Credit Card
· Online Payment through Net Banking
Paper Pattern for SIU SET 2018:
SET duration is 150 minutes.
SET is an aptitude test and objective in nature for all the papers. Each question has four options as answers.
There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
All sections are mandatory.
Entrance Test: 05th May 2018
Last date for Submission form: 14th April 2018