The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA-TIFR)
The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) has an active research program in many areas of Astronomy and Astrophysics, which includes studies of the Sun, interplanetary scintillations, pulsars, the Interstellar medium, active galaxies and cosmology. NCRA also provides exciting opportunities and challenges in engineering fields such as Analog and Digital Electronics, Signal Processing, Antenna Design, Communication and Software Development.
NCRA currently operates the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT), which is located approximately 80 km north of
Applications are invited from students who expect to complete their M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc or B.E., B.Tech, M.E, M.Tech degrees by July 2017 with 55% marks or more.
· Students in any branch of the B.E, B.Tech, M.E or M.Tech degrees, or in the Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics branches of the B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees, are eligible to apply for INAT-2016.
· Students who have already completed any of the above degrees are also eligible. In addition, talented final-year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc., 4th year integrated M.Sc. and 2nd, 3rd year B.E., B.Tech.
· Students may also apply to be pre-selected for the Ph.D program at IUCAA.
· Students who complete their M.Sc, integrated M.Sc, M.E, M.Tech degrees by July 2017 will be eligible for selection to the Ph.D program of both IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR.
Application Procedure for INAT 2016:
Candidates can apply online.
Paper Pattern for INAT 2016:
· The test will be of two hours duration.
· The question paper will have two parts, A and B. Part A will contain twenty objective-type questions on basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
· Part B will contain another twenty objective-type questions from advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics, Engineering.
· For each question, candidates will have to identify and mark the correct answer from the given four answers. For a correct answer, there will be +3 (plus three) marks, and for a wrong answer, there will be -1 (minus one) mark.
Entrance Test: 10th December 2016
Last date for Submission form: 15th September 2016
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot