The University of North Bengal was established by an Act of the Legislature of West Bengal in 1962 with the mission “to encourage and provide for instruction for teaching, training and research in various branches of learning and course of study; to promote advancement and dissemination of knowledge and learning and to extend higher education to meet the growing needs of society.” The University of North Bengal campus covers an area of nearly 315.99 acres of land at the foothills of high Himalaya in close proximity of vast plains around it with a fascinating glimpse of the Kanchenjunga peak, tea gardens and forest cover. The University of North Bengal has acquired 31.50 acres of land and has already started setting up another campus at Jalpaiguri by the side of the campus of Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College for widening the dimension and scope of Higher Education and Research in one more Centre for Higher Education through modern studies for spreading advancement of learning in various branches of Humanities, Science and Technology in order to reach the people of this region in a bigger way so that they can have better and easier access to Higher Education.
Any Graduate of the University of North Bengal or any other recognized University in any discipline including Agriculture is eligible to apply.
For admission, preference will be given to candidates up to 25 years of age as on June 1 of the year.
Selection will be made on the basis of a merit.
COURSE FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE)
· Indian Candidate Rs. 30,000/-
· Candidate from other SAARC countries Rs. 50,000/-
· Candidate from foreign countries other than SAARC countries Rs. 80,000/-
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates may complete the Application form given below and send it to the under noted address along with a self-addressed envelope:
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH BENGAL
P.O. NORTH BENGAL UNIVERSITY
Raja Rammohunpur, Siliguri, Dist. Darjeeling, PIN: 734013 (WB)
Phone: (0353) 2776380 (O)
Fax: (0353) 2581212
Date of Advertisement: 14th November, 2021
1) Recognized Bachelor Degree of minimum of 03 years duration obtained in any discipline (except Graduates in Fine Arts or Performing Arts) and scoring a minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized University are eligible.
2) Preference will be given to those candidates who have appeared and having valid scores (from November 2020 to August 2021) in any of the Entrance Tests i.e. CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, JMET and WBJEMAT.
3) If vacant seats are still available, after the admission of the students mentioned in the point no. (2) under eligibility criteria, candidates are allowed to take admission on the basis of the marks obtained in their Bachelor’s degree and also as per the above point no. (1).
4) The Percentile obtained by a candidate in CAT / XAT / CMAT / ATMA / MAT / GMAT / JMET / WBJEMAT shall be converted into percentage as per University norms.
5) AICTE, Central & State government norms are applicable
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats under different categories shall be as per University and Government Norms. 80% of seats will be reserved for candidates graduated from the University of North Bengal and 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates graduated from other Universities.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
Admission Brochure of the MBA Programme will be available during 08th August 2021 to 05th September 2020 at http://mba.nbu.ac.in and www.nbu.ac.in. The candidates are to submit Online Application form within 05th September 2021 through the Following url: http://mba.nbu.ac.in and www.mba.nbu.ac.in without any application processing fees (Vide Notification No.706- Edn(CS)/10M95/14, Dated 13th July 2021, Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal).
Instruction for candidates to be selected through valid entrance test viz. CMAT / MAT / CAT / ATMA / JMET / GMAT/ XAT / WB JEMAT and also applicable for Graduate candidates as per eligibility criteria
i. Candidates are required to submit the duly filled-in Online Application Form within the mentioned date.
ii. A photocopy of valid score card with adequate percentage of marks has to be submitted with the online application form.
Publication of Admission Brochure and online form and submission of the form: 8th August, 2021
Last Date of Submission of Online Application form: 5th September, 2021