Vidyasagar University, named after one of the most illustrious sons of Bengal as well as one of the doyens of Indian Renaissance, Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar, has grown out of a long cultural and educational movement in West Bengal in general and in the undivided district of Midnapore in particular. The idea of founding a University in the district was mooted by the various organizations, notably by the Regional Education Association, Midnapore, headed by Professor A.K.Gayen of IIT, Kharagpur. The Ghani Committee appointed by the U.G.C. also suggested, among others, for the setting up of a University in Midnapore on the ground of its ‘having a compact area and a manageable number of colleges’ (at that time there were 36 colleges with an enrolment of about 42,000), and also of its ‘having the great advantage of co-operation of the IIT, Kharagpur. The Committee was also of the opinion that the new University would develop on the lines suited to the needs of this backward area. To give honour and respect to these pious intentions and proposals, the Government of West Bengal decided in 1978 to establish Vidyasagar University. The U.G.C. approved the proposal and on the advice of, and in consultation with the U.G.C., the State Government appointed a Planning Committee in March 1979 to lay down the lines of development and to take initial steps to found the University. The Committee submitted its report in October. Then the Vidyasagar University Act, 1981 (West Bengal Act XVIII of 1981) was passed; some of its sections were brought into operation on 24th June 1981. Finally, Professor Bhupesh Chandra Mukherjee joined as the first Vice Chancellor of the University on 29th September 1981.
Candidates should have completed BSc (Honors/Pass) degree with Nutrition/Food Science/Human Development/Home Science /Physiological Anthropology/ BMLS/MLT/ Zoology/ Botany/Biochemistry/BHMS/MBBS from any recognized University.
Admissions in courses are made strictly on the number of approved seats and "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE" basis within the given time frame. All enquiries and correspondence pertaining to academic matters such as Admission confirmation, Study materials, Library facility etc must be addressed to: The Director, Centre for Continuing and Adult Education (CCAE) Vidyasagar University, Paschim Midnapore- 721102 Contact Number: 8373861707 or Query a email@example.com
Candidates get the application form from the official portal www.vidyasagar.ac.in/CentreCell/CCAE
Candidates send the Scanned COPY of filled in application form along with the Payment Document to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should deposit Rs. 200/- in the UCO Bank account Vidyasagar University Branch, IFSC: UCBA0001748; Beneficiary Name: Vidyasagar University, CCAE Account Number: 17480110077832; SWIFT CODE: UCBAINBB102.
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 31st December, 2020
Tentative Starting Time: March, 2021
· Passed Master Degree or a degree deemed equivalent from any university or institution recognized by this university or such other degree as may be considered sufficient for this purpose shall also be eligible for admission, if obtained at least 55% in general category, 50% in SC, ST, PH, OBC-A, OBC-B categories.
· A candidate who has completed at least a total of 5 years in UG and PG study in a recognized institution or university;
· The candidate is not currently admitted as a student in any full-time course of studies or registered for doing Ph.D. in any university;
· A candidate who have regular MPhil/MTech/ or a degree deemed to be equivalent by the Board of Research Studies (on the recommendation of the PhD Committee concerned)shall be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test for this purpose and will have to appear only at an interview to be conducted by the PhD Committee;
· The candidate qualified at the NET/GATE/SET/UGC (JRF)/CSIR (JRF) or any other exams that are considered equivalent by the BRS shall also be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test and will have to appear at an interview.
· Final Semester PG Students are eligible to apply.
The candidates will have to fill in the Application Form through the online portal of the University website http://vidyasagar.ac.in which will be available w.e.f. 15th October 2020
After successful completion of all the steps (e.g. filling in the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature), the candidates will have to pay Rs. 500/- only (plus convenience fee & GST, if applicable) as application fee for the Ph. D. Programme through online mode of payment (Credit/Debit, Net Banking etc.) only.
Last date of submission of online application form along with supporting documents on or before 02nd November 2020
Application Fee: Rs. 500/- + GST
Mode of Payment:
Online through Credit/Debit, Net Banking etc.
Selection will be based on the Written Admission Test & interview.
Issue of Admission Notification: 6th October, 2020
Date of opening of portal for online application process: 15th October, 2020
Last date of submission of online Application Form: Extended to 10th November, 2020
Date of Publication of Provisional List of Candidates for Online Admission Test: 12th November, 2020
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot