The foundation stone of the School building was laid in 1994 by the then president of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma. The School moved to its own building in 1996. Over the years the school has expanded its scope to include much more than its flagship Masters in Business Administration (MBA) programme. The school offers a Doctoral programme in management (PhD) and an MBA programme for working executives (aptly termed as the Executive Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM) was set up as the first school of management within the IIT system in 1993 at a time when India had just opened its doors to economic liberalization. The school was established with an aim to develop managers with a strong technological background who would lead tomorrow's corporate behemoths on the path of success. The concept was to start a business school along the lines of Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA, that is, a business school within a renowned technical institute. The School of Management was founded by a distinguished alumnus & a life time Fellow of the Institute, Mr. Vinod Gupta (B. Tech. 1967), the former CEO and Chairman of InfoGROUP (previously known as InfoUSA) whose generous endowment of 2 Million US Dollars was matched by liberal support from the Government of India.
Minimum Academic Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MBA
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor's level)* with the following criteria:
1. A candidate must have any of the following:
A. A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 4-year duration in engineering, technology, pharmacy, medicine, or similar disciplines;
B. Master’s degree in Science/Economics/Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level); with:
· GE/NC-OBC:Minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale)
· SC/ST/PwD:Minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale)
· For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above
2. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, if selected, the admission of such candidates to the program will be provisional, only if (s)he submits a certificate latest by May 31, 2021 from the competent authorities of his/her university/college/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2021) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
3. Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
4. Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final
5. Candidates belonging to PwD category seeking admission to MBA are required to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2021 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate
6. Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be provisional, subject to the condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marksheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination are to be submitted latest by October 31, 2021
*Please Note:A 5-year integrated Bachelor’s and Master’s degree would be considered as equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor’s degree for the Admission process and the candidate would not get separate points in their Application Rating (AR) score for the above-mentioned integrated Master’s degree
Selection Process: The selection of candidates for admission to the 2021-23 session of MBA at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a twostage process. In the first stage, the applicants will be shortlisted based on criteria and they will be invited for the Personal Interview (PI). In the second stage of the admission process, a ranking will be prepared based on the applicants’ cumulative score including the application rating (AR), score in CAT 2020, and performance in the personal interview (PI) process.
After taking the CAT 2020 examination, domestic candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme must complete the following procedure:
Step 1: Complete the online application form available at the ERP portal of IIT Kharagpur, accessible through: https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/IITKGPApplications/index. The application form must be completed in all respects. Any incomplete form will automatically be rejected from further consideration.
Step 2: While submitting the online application form, make a payment for application fee (Rs. 1600 for General & NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD). Female candidates will be charged the same level of application fee as paid by male candidates of respective category. An applicant belonging to overseas category (non-domestic candidate) is required to apply through International Relations, IIT Kharagpur (https://international.iitkgp.ac.in/howtoapply/).
In case of any further query, please contact admission team:
· Dr. Abhijeet Chandra
· Dr. Ajay Kumar Mishra
· Dr. M. Vimala Rani
Phone: +91-3222-281788 / +91-9739057100 (Mobile)
· Dr. S. Srinivasan
Phone: +91-3222-83872 / +91-9841159821 (Mobile)
VGSoM Office Phone: +91-3222- 282295 / 282297
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our Blog: - blog.admissionnews.com ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog ~~!!~~ Admission News BlogSpot ~~!!~~ Scholarship BlogSpot
The executives joining this program must have 3 or more years of experience. Candidates with 1st class Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology or 1st class Masters Degree in Science, Economics or Commerce [with Mathematics or Statistics at bachelor’s level] are eligible. EMBA would have a general management focus suitable for a wide variety of sectors and students may choose courses from a wide range of electives.
Demand draft of Rupees One Thousand [Rs. 1,000 only] favouring “CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur”, payable at Kharagpur.
Applicants are required to apply online and send the printout of application along with demand draft to:
Programme Officer, Executive MBA, VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur-721 302.
Online application is available from 9th March to 30th April, 2011.
For further correspondence, mail to: email@example.com
Last date for application is: 30th April 2011
To know more Information about VGSM admission please visit www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in
Please click the following link for other valuable news available on our blogs: - India Admission Alert Blog ~~!!~~ Career Counseling Blog ~~!!~~ Admission news Blog ~~!!~~ My Admission News Blog