Common Law Admission Test 2022, CLAT 2022
Consortium of National Law Universities
National Law School of India University, Naagarbhavi, Bengaluru- 560072
Phone: 08047162020 Email: email@example.com Website: www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in
Online Applications are Invited for Admissions in Under-Graduate Programme (Five year Integrated Law Degree) and Post-Graduate Programme (One Year LL.M. Degree).
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country. CLAT is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities.
After the second generation reforms of Legal Education, 1st National Law University namely, National Law School of India University was established at Bangalore in 1987.It took more than 10 years for the second National Law University, i.e , NALSAR (National Academy of Legal Studies and Research) at Hyderabad to come up in 1998.Then different States established NLUs. NLUs are islands of excellence created under State Statutes with Chief Justice of India or Chief Justice of respective High Court as Chancellor. (RMLNLU, Lucknow and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University Rai, Haryana are exceptions where The Chief Minister and Governor are Chancellors respectively). NLUs were created on the pattern of IIMs and IITs. NLUs have changed the face of legal education in India. Infact, India, is the only country in the world which has Universities for legal discipline alone. Today, we have 23 NLUs out of which 22 are admitting students through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) (National Law University, Delhi having its own separate test).From 1987 to 2007, there were only seven NLUs each having its own test. In 2006, a PIL was filed in the Supreme Court of India by a parent for Common Test (CWP 68 of 2006 decided on Nov 23, 2007-Varun Bhagat v. Union of India) for conducting a single test for admission to all the NLU’s.
Registrations for the examination closed on 31st March 2022. The exam will be conducted on 8th May 2022, from 3 PM to 5 PM.
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2022.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
i. Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
ii. Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2022 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2022 exam;
ii. Higher age;
iii. Computerised draw of lots.
1. An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
2. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2022.
4. Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerised draw of lots.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
1. Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
2. Signature of the candidate
3. Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
4. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under P.W.D
5. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under BPL category
· The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
· The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
· All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
· Application fees can be paid online only.
· Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
· Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
· The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2022 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
· The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after the candidates choose the mode of payment.
· Application Fees is non-refundable.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 1st January, 2022
Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 31st March, 2022
Date of CLAT 2022 Test (OFFLINE MODE): 8th May, 2022 (3.00- 5.00PM), Sunday