Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE),
Conducted by National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS)
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
New Delhi- 110029
Official Website: www.nbe.edu.in / www.natboard.edu.in
Helpline Number 022 - 61087595
Phone support will be available during these times:
• 14th October 2021 - 3rd November 2021: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM from Monday to Friday
• 12th December 2021 (Examination day): 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
• NBEMS Candidate Care will be closed on Saturday, Sunday & Gazetted holidays.
The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced through Screening Test Regulations 2002.
As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen/Overseas citizen of India possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act. National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has been entrusted with the responsibility to conduct the Screening Test as per Screening Test Regulations 2002. Role of NBEMS is limited to conduct of the test, publishing the result and handing over the result to National Medical Commission & all State Medical Councils.
Information for Candidates
1. As per the current schedule, the Screening Test is conducted by the NBEMS in June and December every year.
2. The next session of Screening Test shall be held in December 2021 as per schedule detailed under Important Dates and Scheme of Examination.
3. Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully and go through the instructions regarding submission of online application form given in the information bulletin as well as on FMGE index page on NBEMS website www.nbe.edu.in before starting online submission process for FMGE December 2021 session.
The candidate must meet/fulfil the following criteria:
1. He / She is a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
2. The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
3. The result of final examination for the said primary medical qualification should have been declared on or before 31st October 2021.
4. Candidates must note that it is mandatory for them to submit proof /documentary evidence that clearly establishes that the result of the final examination for such a primary medical qualification was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e. 31st October 2021. The document submitted must confirm that the candidate has successfully completed all required courses of the primary medical courses with eligible results as per requirement of the institution concerned.
5. In the event that the proof / documentary evidence submitted by the candidate does not clearly establish that the result of the final examination of his primary medical qualification was not declared on or before 31st October 2021, the candidature shall be cancelled and the candidate shall be declared as ineligible.
6. Pursuant to the recommendations of the NMC vide its letter No NMC/MCI-34(41)(Gen)/2020-21-Med/002815 dated 22.01.2021 and approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Govt of India vide its letter No V.11025/02/2021-MEP dated 09.03.2021, only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the FMGE who have both the Eligibility Certificate (if applicable) and the Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate of Primary Medical Qualification.
7. Candidates who fail to submit the documents as prescribed in the Information Bulletin for FMGE will not be allowed to appear in the examination and would be declared ineligible to appear.
8. Candidates are therefore advised to apply for FMGE only if they possess with them all the documents required to apply for the examination, including the Eligibility Certificate (if applicable) and the Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate of their Primary Medical Qualification.
9. Candidate seeking provisional or permanent registration in India shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/Canada/ New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Post Graduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for enrolment as medical practitioner in that country.
10. Eligibility of candidates who have obtained their primary medical qualification from Pakistan shall be subject to their security clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Govt of India. The result of such candidates for FMGE shall only be declared on receipt of MHA security clearance as per MoHFW direction vide Letter No C.18018/09/2004-MEP dated 26-11-2018.
11. Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations, 2002 & all its amendments, Regulations on Graduate Medical Education and Eligibility Certificate Regulations.
12. Eligibility of candidates who have been issued admit cards for the examination shall be purely provisional and if ineligibility is detected at any stage of FMGE, the candidature shall be cancelled even if the result has been declared and/or the Pass Certificate has been issued.
1. Examination Fee:
GST @ 18%
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE*
*Excluding charges as may be applicable by various payment gateways.
2. Applications forms once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Fee shall neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Any claim for refund, adjustment or carrying forward of Application fee will not be entertained.
3. How to pay: The prescribed exam fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or other modes as may be made available and have been provided on the web page. Fee can not be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while submitting online application form submission.
4. Examination fees in respect of candidates who are absent or have been declared ineligible due to any reason shall be forfeited. Candidates are advised to read the screening test regulations and the information bulletin for FMGE December 2021 session carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
Online Submission of Applications: 14th October (3 PM Onwards) to 3rd November, 2021 (Till 11:55PM)
Edit Window for All Candidates: 8th November, 2021 to 10th November, 2021
Issue of Admit Card: 6th December, 2021
Examination Date: 12th December, 2021
Declaration of Result By: 31st December, 2021