National Institute of Technology Raipur, NIT, Raipur
G E Road, Raipur- 492010, Chhattisgarh
Contact No.: - +91 72900 95838
Email: email@example.com Website: www.nimcet.in
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutions of National Importance under MHRD, Govt. of India. The NIMCET is a Common Entrance National Level Test, conducted by any of the NITs, for admission in to their MCA programme. The MCA programme is offered by NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Patna, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal .The admission into the MCA programme for the year 2021-22 in above 11 NITs is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET-2021 only.
Admission to the M.C.A. programme of the eleven participating NITs is done through a common entrance test NIMCET. Candidates must apply for NIMCET-2021 through ‘Online’ only and they must follow the instructions strictly as given in the NIMCET-2021 website. Applications not complying with the instructions will be summarily rejected.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutes of National Importance and are Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. The NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET), is a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission to their Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme. The admission to the MCA programme to the eleven NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Patna, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), and Warangal for the year 2021-22 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET-2021 only. The Curriculum and Syllabi of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme offered by NITs are designed considering the needs of different Information Technology firms in India and abroad. MCA graduates have high potential for jobs in the IT Sector.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear For NIMCET-2021
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST/PwD) in
(i) B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications)/ BBA (Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time programme from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects OR
(ii) B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2021. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
(CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on Unitary method)
Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2021 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has been studying / has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year 2020-21 All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2021 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than September 15, 2021, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
Note: Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT programme of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
The percentages of marks / CGPA in the qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks / grade points obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks / grade points secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2021 for deciding the eligibility.
Admission through NIMCET-2021:
The candidates who appeared and obtained marks in NIMCET-2021 will be allotted ranks by adopting the criteria stated in section 13 of this brochure (see section 13 for details). The candidates who obtained rank in NIMCET-2021 only shall be eligible for admission into MCA programme in the participating institutes. Important features regarding the eligibility criteria, online application for NIMCET-2021, syllabus for the test, test centers, criteria to award a rank, rank card, admission procedure, list of participating institutes with total number of seats, seat distribution, contact details, admission schedule are given in this brochure. Candidates are advised to read this information brochure carefully. Candidates are also advised to visit our website regularly for updates till the end of counseling.
Online Submission of the Application Form
· Candidates have to register on NIMCET-2021 website by creating the login, password as instructed therein and then fill all the details as per the Online Form. Application system is made user-friendly as much as possible and enough help/ instructions/ guidelines have been provided in appropriate places in addition to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link provided on the top of the application page. Further, a link is also provided on the top of the webpage to “Contact us” for any assistance/ guidance.
· The last date for submitting online application is April 7th, 2021 (Wednesday). The application filling process will not be available after 5.00 PM (IST) on April 7th, 2021 (Wednesday). No requests in this regard shall be entertained thereafter.
· Candidates have to pay the non-refundable Application Processing Fee (Rs. 2,500/- for OPEN/OPEN-EWS/OBC Category and Rs. 1,250/-for SC/ST/PwD Category) only through the provisions made in the NIMCET-2021 website before the final submission of the online application form.
· All the relevant documents (duly self-attested and then scanned) should be uploaded along with the online application form.
· After duly filling up the application form and uploading of the necessary documents, the candidate should click “Preview the Application”, following which a preview of the entire application will be generated for viewing. The candidate is advised to carefully review this form and use “Revise the Application” button to go back to the application form, if required. Click on “SUBMIT” button only after assuring himself/herself that every entry is in order. Please note that no further review/ modification of the application will be possible after the final submission.
· After the final submission of the application, a soft copy of the complete application form with unique Application Number will be generated in the downloadable PDF format. Applicants are advised to download and save the soft copy and also keep a hard copy of the application for further references.
· Applicants must quote their Application Number in all future correspondence.
· The generated application form will be accessible for download by the applicants up to April 30, 2021.
· Please ensure that all the supporting documents are uploaded as specified in the checklist.
· Candidate’s login name, email id, password and the security question (with its answer) are very important. They should remember these till the end of the NIMCET-2021 process.
· Candidates should not create multiple logins. Any attempt to subvert the process will be viewed seriously.
· Candidates should use only one mobile number to create an account. Candidate must retain the same mobile number till admission process through NIMCET- 2021 is complete.
· The online application form submitted without uploading the proper supporting documents and e-receipt (document of proof of payment of the application fee) will be summarily rejected.
· Hard copy of the application form and the supporting documents NEED NOT be sent to Coordinating NIT.
Opening date for online Registration: 11th March, 2021 [10 am]
Last date for online submission of Application Form: 7th April, 2021 [up to 5 pm] (Wednesday)
Availability of Admit card on web for download: 15th May, 2021 Saturday to 22nd May, 2021 Saturday
Date and Time of Online Examination at the allotted centers: 23rd May, 2021 Sunday [2:00 PM to 4:00 PM]
Date of Publication of Result (Tentative) Tentatively on or before: 8th June, 2021 Tuesday