Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED), Organizing Institute IIT Bombay
Chairman, UCEED-CEED Office, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076
Phone: +91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094 (Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
About UCEED 2023:
Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED). UCEED Score Card is recognized by many institutes for admission to BDes programs. The list of result sharing institutes using UCEED score for admissions to BDes program is available on the official UCEED website. UCEED and BDes admissions are two different activities; candidates are advised to read this complete document carefully. Only those students who have passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2022 in all subjects, or are appearing in 2023, in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities) for the first time, are eligible to appear for UCEED 2023
UCEED 2023 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2023 (henceforth referred as the UCI Committee).
UCEED 2023 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (BDes) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear for UCEED 2023. Candidates should note that the mere appearance in UCEED 2023 or being in the rank list neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement to admission to the BDes programmes of the participating institutes. UCEED qualified candidates MUST apply separately for BDes admissions as per the prescribed procedure described in Part 2 of this Information Brochure, through the joint seat allocation process.
UCEED 2023 score is valid only for admission to the programmes in the academic year 2023-2024.
CITIES WHERE UCEED 2023 WILL BE HELD
UCEED 2023 will be held in the following 24 cities in India only: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulum, Panaji, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam.Candidates should compulsorily opt for THREE cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online registration. Once the registration is complete, request for change of city will NOT be entertained.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN UCEED 2023
A candidate, including a foreign national, must simultaneously fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2023.
Criterion 1 – Age limit:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1998 if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and born on or after October 1, 1993 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the same corresponding academic year.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
The candidate should have passed in all subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2022, OR should be appearing for the qualifying examination for the first time in 2023 in order to be eligible for attempting UCEED 2023. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination (Class XII) in 2021 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in UCEED 2023.
• Final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiu.ac.in).
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• General Certificate of Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
• In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have already passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination before appearing for UCEED.
• A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicteindia.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least THREE years duration. It is important to note that the eligibility criteria of the participating Institutes may not consider candidates with a Diploma of three year duration.
REGISTRATION FOR UCEED 2023
• Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED 2023. Registration can be done ONLY through the online registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
• Candidates should simultaneously satisfy ALL the THREE eligibility criteria.
• Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does NOT meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
• Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
• It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category, and upload the VALID documents in the required formats in the registration form. Registration forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the registration will be considered invalid.
• The admitting institutes have the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate in accordance with their rules and regulations in force, if it is found that any information provided by the candidate is incorrect or the registration is incomplete.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR UCEED 2023
Following is the registration fee structure for UCEED 2023:
Female Candidates (all categories)
SC, ST, PwD Candidates
All Other Candidates
Foreign Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
Candidates from SAARC countries
US $ 350
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
US $ 450
The registration fees shown above does NOT include service charges, processing fees and/or any other charges that the banks may charge.
Start date for Online Registration: 30th September, 2022, 01:00pm
Last date for Online Registration with regular fee: 21st October, 2022
Last date for Online Registration with late fee: 29th October, 2022
Start date for Admit Card downloading: 13th January, 2023 onwards
Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit card: 17th January, 2023, 05:00pm
Date of UCEED 2023 Examination: 22nd January, 2023 (09:00 am to 12:00 noon)
Release of Draft Answer Key: 24th January, 2023
Last date for uploading comments (if any) on the Draft Answer Key in the candidate’s portal: 26th January, 2023, 05:00pm
Release of Final Answer Key: 30th January, 2023